Care management is a focused, proactive, telephone-based approach to improving the health and life of the people we serve.
Marshfield Clinic Health System has established care management programs focusing on people with chronic (long-term) illnesses including:
- Heart Failure Care Management
People with chronic illnesses need and want to know how to take an active role in managing their health. Marshfield Clinic Health System Care Management Programs focus on education, therapeutic lifestyle changes, building self-care skills, symptom management and promoting a partnership between patients and their health care providers.
Using a proactive, comprehensive approach, Care Management ensures patients receive care that is safe, effective, patient-centered, timely and efficient.
- Patient needs are identified and acted upon before potentially avoidable hospitalization or other complications occur.
- A plan of action is developed with a patient focus. Individual health care plans and self-management goals help patients be more informed and to take an active role in managing their health.
- Nurse practitioners, registered nurses and other care management support staff help track patients and alert providers of potential problems. Staff are available by phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to speak with patients and answer questions.
- Use of technology, including Secure Messaging and Interactive Voice Response (IVR), provides convenience for patients and allows faster sharing of information between providers and patients.
- Results are measured to ensure patients are receiving the highest quality of care.
- The services provided strengthen our patients’ relationships and communication with their physicians.