Join a world-class
health care system
Complete by Quick
Pay, My Marshfield
Clinic or mail
Follow us in the news
to see how we’re
changing health care
Make a patient
Learn about our
research centers and
Partner with us and
share your voice to
bills and financial
Learn about medical
care in more than 80
Get wellness and
advice every day
Support our mission
with a gift or by
attending an event
Learn about same day
Connect with your
provider via phone,
laptop or other
Visit our gallery for
a series of dynamic
Type a condition, name,
specialty, or location.
Clinic family is committed to
making a positive impact on our
patients and our community. We
are here every step of the way
to support you in making the
best decisions about your health
and wellbeing, from research and
prevention to diagnosis and
• Marshfield Clinic Health System provides high-quality emergency care throughout our service area.
• Beaver Dam - Marshfield Medical Center
• Eau Claire - Marshfield Medical Center
• Ladysmith - Marshfield Medical Center
• Lake Hallie Center
• Marshfield - Marshfield Medical Center/Marshfield Children's Hospital
• Minocqua - Marshfield Medical Center
• Neillsville - Marshfield Medical Center
• Park Falls - Marshfield Medical Center
• Rice Lake - Marshfield Medical Center
• Stevens Point Center
• Wausau Center
• Weston - Marshfield Medical Center
• Wisconsin Rapids Center
• Visit our Emergency Department when you need immediate care for serious medical conditions. It is not for routine care.
• Emergency medicine often is referred to as medicine’s safety net because it’s a destination for people to get health care when they don’t have any other place to turn.
• Abdominal pain
• Children under three months who need immediate care
• Extreme pain, especially if the cause is unknown
• Eye injuries
• Falls with injury or while taking blood thinners
• High fevers
• Intestinal bleeding
• Loss of consciousness or vision
• Persistent chest pain (especially radiating to arm or jaw with sweating, vomiting or shortness of breath)
• Repeated vomiting
• Seizures without a previous diagnosis of epilepsy
• Severe burns
• Severe heart palpitations
• Sudden severe head pain or injury
• Sudden testicular pain and swelling
• Suspected poisoning or drug overdose
• Traumatic injury
• Vaginal bleeding with pregnancy
• Urgent Care offers convenient care for non-life-threatening injuries or illnesses.
• Board-certified providers treat problems and may suggest follow-up with primary care doctors.
• Allergic reactions
• Animal and bug bites
• Broken bones and dislocated joints**
• Cuts that need stitches**
• Coughs, congestion and sinus problems
• Ear infections
• Mild fevers
• Minor burns
• Painful urination
• Persistent diarrhea
• Pink eye or other minor eye problems
• Severe flu or cold symptoms**
• Throat pain
** indicates a situation that also can be seen in an emergency room.
• Get mobile or virtual care for common ailments. Call 1-844-CAREWAY (844-227-3929).
• You can get a quick diagnosis and treatment for conditions that normally require an office visit.
• Care My Way® nurse practitioners can send needed prescriptions to the pharmacy of your choice.
• Athlete’s foot
• Canker sores and cold sores
• Diaper rash
• Head lice
• Lyme disease preventive treatment
• Minor burns
• Pink eye
• Poison ivy rash
• Scabies exposure
• Seasonal allergies
• Sinus infection
• Strep throat
• Upper respiratory infection
• Urinary tract infection
• Vaginal yeast infection
NOTE: Conditions treated by Care My Way®, can also be seen in urgent care.
In a medical emergency or in doubt, call 911.
• Do not drive to the hospital if you have severe chest pain or bleeding, feel like you might faint or if your vision is impaired or have symptoms of heart attack or stroke.
• Taking an ambulance is safer, especially if you are suffering a heart attack. Ambulance personnel can provide care on the way to the hospital.
• Emergency responders are trained to stabilize patients before they get to an emergency room.