Our neuroscience experts work with you to diagnose and treat memory and cognitive conditions.
We offer a multi-disciplinary approach to care for patients who have memory, attention, language and other cognitive concerns. We help patients who have a family history, symptoms, concerned about risk for dementia, or have suffered a traumatic brain injury (TBI) or concussion.
Expert care for memory and cognitive disorders
Memory and cognitive conditions can present as forgetfulness, difficulty with word finding, trouble concentrating or changes in behavior or personality or have lingering cognitive issues after a stroke.
The Memory Clinic at Marshfield Medical Center in Marshfield is for people with persistent or progressive memory loss and their family members. We offer a full spectrum of care from diagnosis, treatment, caregiver support and research.
Your care team will conduct a neurological evaluation with cognitive testing, imaging and blood work to find an underlying cause of cognitive changes.
Your care team will work with you to develop a personalized treatment plan, which may include:
- Cognitive therapy rehabilitation with a speech therapist.
- Determine options for medications, non-pharmacological interventions and lifestyle changes.
- Identify and coordinate participation in clinical trials.
- Genetic testing for patients and family members.
- Connection to social workers and community organizations to provide resources and support to caregivers.